Monday, March 24, 2008

Sundown is coming and other dvd news


I am not too big on posting news, but I just discovered that some of my favorite horror flicks are hitting dvd. The one that whets my appetite the most is Sundown:The Vampire In Retreat. This is a fun little Horror comedy about vampires which stars Bruce Campbell, David Carradine, Maxwell Caufield, M. Emmet Walsh and Deborah Foreman. It's directed by Anthony Hickox(Waxwork, Warlock the Armageddon) Any film that has Campbell as Van Helsing is ok in my book. Lionsgate is releasing it in time for Halloween in October, there are no specs yet but I hope it has a commentary by Hickox at least. In other cool dvd news , I just discovered that Legend films has licensed a bunch of horror classics to finally be released some will hit their website in April, then they will be available at retail outlets in June and July. The Titles include Phase IV, Student Bodies, The Sender, Jekyll and Hyde Together Again, The Skull, The Man Who Could Cheat Death, The Deadly Bees, ZPG, and The Possession of Joel Delaney. You can check these out at WWW.Fangoria.com and http://www.dvddrive-in.com/features/legendfilmspromo.htm It looks as if I'll be adding quite a few films to my already exploding collection.

No comments: