Thursday, April 9, 2009

April Fool's Day Remake review or I am back motherfuckers!!


I know its been a long ass time since I put any reviews up here but I guess I just needed someone to light a fire under my ass, and a friend did that as I am now doing reviews for his sie, so anytime I do a review from now on I will put it up here as well,. If you want to check out the site I am posting on here is the link. http://depravedcentral.webs.com/
The basic setup for the film is quite similiar to I Know What You Did Last Summer. It begins at a debutante party for a high society girl Torrance Cladwell(Scout Taylor Compton) being held by Desiree Cartier(Taylor Cole) and there is this girl that she hates so she sets her up to get videotaped having sex and she freaks out and falls off a stairway bannister and dies. Flash forward to a year later where Desiree has been cleared of any wrongdoing, and then everyone who was there during the death gets a leter to show up at the dead girls gravesite and then a package comes and says if whoever killed her doesnt turn themselves in they will all die one by one on April 1st. After that the fun begins in earnest.That is all I will say about the plot as I think it will be much more fun for anybody watching it to not know too much after the setup.
This was a fun ass hell remake I thought and it was a shame it didn't make an appearance in theaters because I would definitely have checked it out. This is a film that works with the basic premise of the original and builds upon it. The kills were fun and I thought the direction of the film was top notch. All the actors were great especially Scout and Taylor, Scout was lovable as always and Taylor played a bitch of Joan Collins Proprtions. The ending was similiar to the original but had an added twist that made me like this ones ending even moreso than the originals. This is definitely one all horror fans should check out. Only complaint is I would have liked to have seen some skin but the original didn't have any t&a either so it's probaly more fitting.
This one gets 5 out of 5
Hope all you people out there enjoyed the review and I should have another for you to read on Wednesday, peace out people.

No comments: